This Sunday, April 9th, 2017, our guest speaker, Bishop Tony Miller from The Gate Church in Oklahoma City, gave an amazing message at The Bridge Church in Denton, TX in celebration of our 10 Year Anniversary.
10th Year Anniversary Celebration:
“Then Joshua rose early in the morning and they set out from Shittim. And they came to the Jordan, he and all the people of Israel, and lodged there before they passed over. At the end of three days the officers went through the camp and commanded the people, “As soon as you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God being carried by the Levitical priests, then you shall set out from your place and follow it. Yet there shall be a distance between you and it, about 2,000 cubitsa in length. Do not come near it, in order that you may know the way you shall go, for you have not passed this way before.” Then Joshua said to the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.” (Joshua 3:1-5)
There are three things that The Lord wants to reintroduce to you in your life:
- God wants to reintroduce you to Him. There are things about God that you haven’t figured out yet, and when you step into a new season, God reveals Himself to you in ways you haven’t known before. He shows you a part of Him that you haven’t yet discovered.
- God wants to reintroduce you to your promise. You begin to recognize the many ways that God works His promises in your life. Those promises are bigger than you think they are.
- When God brings you to a divine moment where it is between you and Him, He reintroduces you to you. You find out things about you that you didn’t know. God will begin to show you things that only you are meant to deal with.
God can do something that blows your mind today, but when you wake up the next morning, He can do something to blow it even further. Only God can exceed Himself.
The further you walk with God, the more you see His intentionality. God never randomly does something. God is intentional with your life, and He sees what you can’t see because He’s trying to get you somewhere you’ve never been.
“After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lord said to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, “Moses my servant is dead. Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land that I am giving to them, to the people of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory. No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:1-7)
There are some things in your life, that if you hadn’t have buried them, then you wouldn’t have ended them. If God had not buried them, you would still be there trying to dig them up, and recreate them, and God keeps telling you that that day is over in your life, and He wants to change you. Today is a new day, and He’s got a brand new day for you!
Joshua was given an assignment to convince a group of people to move out of their content ways so that he could guide them and show them that God had something much more for them.
Here are four things that you can use to help you:
- Clarity. God will bring clarity to who you are meant to be, and where you are meant to go.
- Courage. You have to have the courage to go after God and what He is doing.
- Concentration. The demand of about what God is going to do in your life is going to demand concentration.
- Consecration. Chose to be set a part for the purpose God gave you.
When ordinary people give themselves to a vision that is God born, many peoples lives will be changed.
You can watch the full message here: