This Sunday, May 8, 2016, Pastor Duane White continued our series REencounter: 40 Days With the Resurrected Jesus, at The Bridge Church in Denton, Texas.
REencounter: 40 Days With the Resurrected Jesus:
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'” (Matthew 28:18-20)
In this message, Pastor Duane White shared three major keys to our life mission:
- Jesus is the source of the mission.
- “Where purpose is absent, abuse is inevitable.” Sin occurs at the point where you don’t know, or you forget, your God given reason for living.
- Jesus is the authority. He is authorized, and because He is authorized, He has authorized you. Verse 18 in The Message version says, “Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: “God authorized and commanded me to commission you.”
- Jesus was authorized in Heaven by the Father, but His perfection gave Him authority in the Earth, and your authority doesn’t come from your perfection, but rather from His perfection.
- To authorize means to have official permission or approval. You don’t need permission from earth when you have permission from Heaven! If you’re going to follow the crowd, you’ll get lost in it, so don’t follow the crowd.
- Your mission flows from the Great Commission.
- The Great Commission is really the only mission, and everything else we do is just submission. Submission is simply an ordering of yourself voluntarily under (sub) the mission of another. So the greatest mission we can have is to order our lives under the mission.
- All mission flows from the Great Commission, which begins with the command to GO!
- Three W’s that describe our “going”
- WORK – your deeds and your actions.
- “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:14-16)
- He also said, you are the salt of the earth. You bring flavor to your world. You are a change agent, and you preserve everything you touch. We are not talking about dead works where you are trying to earn salvation, but the good works that you were destined to do with God.
- “He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.‘” (Mark 16:15-16)
- Use your words to carry the good news. Be prepared because God will you give an opportunity to share. Tell your story!
- Our going should be a sign and a wonder.
- What are signs & wonders? They are signs that make you wonder.
- WORK – your deeds and your actions.
- The power of our mission is His presence.
- We are not alone. Remember that we are doing it with Him!
- When the disciples went out and preached everywhere, the Lord worked with them. The power didn’t come from them, it came from Him. It was the power of the Spirit that He had promised them. They were going to have authority and power.
“Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:9–11, NKJV)
To learn more about REencountering Jesus, watch the full message here:
Latest posts by Alex Heineman (see all)
- 07.30.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 10 - July 30, 2017
- 07.23.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 9 - July 23, 2017
- 07.16.2017 – Ps. Kris White – Timeless Ten Pt. 8 - July 20, 2017