REclaimed: Old Things Made New
In the next few weeks leading up to Easter Sunday, The Bridge will be going through a new series called REclaimed: Old Things Made New. In this week’s message, Pastor Kris unpacked an amazing illustration of the tabernacle that is described in the book of Exodus.
“…Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.” Exodus 25:8-9; NIV
After walking us through the significance of each stage of the tabernacle, Pastor Kris shared that each piece of furniture is significant not only in the old testament, but it also holds tremendous symbolism for us today.
The Outer Court:
- The Gate – the only way into the tabernacle
- The Brazen Alter – the only place where the people were allowed to to go (this is also the place where animals were sacrificed for the cleansing of sins)
- The Brazen Laver (basin) – a basin filled with water for the priest to wash his hands before entering the tabernacle
The Inner Court:
- Door – only priesthood could enter in
- The Table of Shrew-bread (Presence) – where communion was meant to take place
- The Lamp Stand – oils were burned to symbolize the presence of God
- The Alter of Incense – the closest thing to the Most Holy place (the Holy of Holies) that burned an anointing oil
- The Veil – a thick multicolored curtain that was embroidered with images of Cherubim angels. This was the only thing that separated man from the Most Holy place.
- The Ark of Covenant – a piece of furniture that held the 10 commandments and was considered to be God’s Throne. Once a year, on the Atonement Day, only the High Priest could pass this veil.
“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
Latest posts by Alex Heineman (see all)
- 07.30.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 10 - July 30, 2017
- 07.23.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 9 - July 23, 2017
- 07.16.2017 – Ps. Kris White – Timeless Ten Pt. 8 - July 20, 2017