This Sunday, February 14th, 2016, Pastor Duane White unpacked the beginning of a new series at The Bridge Church in Denton, Texas about REconnecting our relationships with God by first, Loving Extravagantly.
REconnect: Love Extravagantly
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, Pastor Duane shared an impactful message about REconnecting our relationship with God by living out a few kingdom relationship goals. The first goal in this series is to love extravagantly. God has designed us to love in an extravagant manner. Ture love is considered to be the greatest revelation of God to man. The more we learn about love, the more there is to learn about love.
The English language doesn’t do a very good job of defining the word “love.” In the same sentence, we can say “I love chocolate” and “I love my husband.” It’s the same word, but with two different meanings. Pastor Duane quickly discussed the three main Greek words for “love.”
- Phileo – which is a brotherly kind of love, or the affection one has for another
- Eros – which is a selfish love, or sexual love
- Agape – which is Biblical love, or the love God has for you
If agape love is the greatest revelation of God to man, then the greater revelation the we have about love, the more we are compelled to share that love with the world around us!
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…” (1 Corinthians 13:4–8, NAS).
Pastor Duane also shared five characteristics of extravagant love:
- Fearless Love – there is no fear in perfect love (1 John 4:18)
- Love Actively – love without action is simply affection
- Love Faithfully – faith works through love (Galatians 5:6)
- Love Purposefully – love is a choice, not a feeling…we love on purpose and with purpose
- Love Shamelessly – We can never demonstrate love and shame at the same time
With all of these characteristics in mind, you can love EXTRAVAGANTLY!
To learn more about Loving Extravagantly, watch the full message here:
Latest posts by Alex Heineman (see all)
- 07.30.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 10 - July 30, 2017
- 07.23.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 9 - July 23, 2017
- 07.16.2017 – Ps. Kris White – Timeless Ten Pt. 8 - July 20, 2017