This Sunday, January 31st, 2016, Pastor Kris White unpacked an amazing message at The Bridge Church in Denton, Texas, about rehabilitating our lives and letting God inhabit our habits.
Rehabilitating: Letting God Inhabit My Habits
In this week’s message, our very own Pastor Kris White shared about letting God inhabit our bad habits. She explained that inspiration without participation is useless, but motivation gets you started. A habit is what keeps you going.
“Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.” – Pastor Kris White.
A habit is something that is recurrent, often an unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition. These habits could also be called discipline. Everyone wants the destiny, but few want the discipline to see it come to pass. Habits are very powerful things! God has actually wired us this way to save energy, so that our unconscious self can repeat things it has learned. If we had to consciously think about every single movement our bodies make, our brains would be so overwhelmed, we wouldn’t get anything else done. We live 90% of our life in our subconscious or habits.
It all comes down to this question: Do your habits create life, or do they create chaos? Can God inhabit your habits?
How to re-wire a habit:
- REcognize that you want to change (Revelation and Relabel).
- REfocus on a new routine (Replace and Repeat).
- REvalue how the change will benefit you (Reward).
- REinforce with accountability and by being around others who live the change you desire (voices determine choices).
“The LORD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation: He is my God, and I will praise him; My father’s God, and I will exalt him.” Exodus 15:2
Are you prepared to let God inhabit your habits?
Learn more on the anatomy of a habit and how to rehabilitate your lives by watching the whole message here:
Latest posts by Alex Heineman (see all)
- 07.30.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 10 - July 30, 2017
- 07.23.2017 – Ps. Duane White – Timeless Ten Pt. 9 - July 23, 2017
- 07.16.2017 – Ps. Kris White – Timeless Ten Pt. 8 - July 20, 2017