This Sunday, March 1st, 2015 at The Bridge Church in Denton, Texas, Pastor Duane shared a great message on dealing with attacks from our enemies!
Rise and Build!
Last week, pastor Duane shared a message on dealing with your adversaries, and this week, he continued to dive into how to deal with your adversaries while rebuilding the broken walls of your life!
As we have seen in the past weeks, Nehemiah is a picture of our spiritual lives corporately and individually. In Nehemiah 4:1-3, we see Sanballot come at Nehemiah and try to tear him down and stop his rebuilding process. Sanballot is a representation of our enemy- the devil- who attacks in the same ways as Sanballot:
- He attacks our feeble position
- He talks to us about our ability
- He challenges our worship
- He mocks our timeframe
- He mocks our building materials
- He challenges the validity of what we will rebuild
However, we can learn from Nehemiah’s response to Sanballot how we should respond to attacks from our enemy! Take note of Nehemiah’s response in Nehemiah 6:1-4:
- He would not come down
- Sanballot urged Nehemiah to “come down” from the wall and fight on his level, but Nehemiah said “I cannot come down.” You are seated in heavenly places, so don’t let the devil talk to you down to his playing grounds!
- He understood how great his work was
- Nehemiah new how important his call to rebuild the wall was. Sanballot also new, which is why he wanted to stop Nehemiah so badly. Likewise, we should know how important our calling is, and continue to pursue it with a strong conviction of the work God is doing through us.
Are you ready to rise and build, and face your adversaries with the power of God’s word?
Check out the full message here!
Latest posts by Sierra Leeper (see all)
- 6.14.15 – Living in Tomorrowland – Ps. Duane White - June 16, 2015
- 6.7.15 – The Power of Small – Guest Speaker Leck Heflin - June 10, 2015
- 5.31.15 – Back to the Basics – Ps. Jamie Stephenson - June 1, 2015