This Sunday, February 22, 2015 at The Bridge Church in Denton, Texas, Pastor Duane shared another great message from the Rise and Build message series from Nehemiah.
Rebuilding the Real You
Continuing in Nehemiah, we see that as Nehemiah set out to rebuild the city gates of Jerusalem, he embraced conflict. Sanballat, Tobiah and Gesham were adversaries to Nehemiah – they did not want him to rebuild the walls to help the people because they were losing control.
Dealing With Your Adversary
Sanballat, Tobiah, and Gesham began to mock and intimidate in an attempt to stop Nehemiah from building. However, Nehemiah knew that he had set out to accomplish what God had called him to do, and he responded with the truth of God’s promise.
- He realigns the focus (off of them and back on GOD) – “the God of heaven HIMSELF”
- He rehearses the promise of God – “(God) will prosper us”
- He recommits to the project – “therefore we His servants will rise and build”
- He reminds the enemy of his future – “but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem”
“So I answered them, and said to them, ‘The God of heaven Himself will prosper us; therefore we His servants will arise and build, but you have no heritage or right or memorial in Jerusalem.’” –Nehemiah 2:20, NKJV
Check out the full message on Dealing with Your Adversaries!
Latest posts by Sierra Leeper (see all)
- 6.14.15 – Living in Tomorrowland – Ps. Duane White - June 16, 2015
- 6.7.15 – The Power of Small – Guest Speaker Leck Heflin - June 10, 2015
- 5.31.15 – Back to the Basics – Ps. Jamie Stephenson - June 1, 2015