This Sunday at The Bridge Church in Denton, TX, Pastor Duane shared the second part in the Rise and Build; Rebuilding the Real You series!
As we learned from Pastor Duane’s Rise and Build message last week, the book of Nehemiah is a symbolic book – it is a picture of the work that the Holy Spirit is doing in the lives of Christians – corporately as well as individually.
Passing Through Spiritual Gates
This week continuing in Nehemiah 2, we see that Nehemiah encountered several gates as he was entering the city of Jerusalem. Nehemiah’s passing through these gates is a symbolic picture of the passing through gates that we have to do during our rebuilding process.
- The Valley Gate – represents passing through the low times; hell, weeping, etc.
- The Serpent Well – this well got its name from being known to always be surrounded by or inhabited by serpents; something terrible trying to keep you from the well.
- The Dung Gate – This is where dung was expelled from the city. The dung in your life has to exit the system, it can’t stay in or else it will build up.
- The Fountain Gate – This gate represents the believer getting fresh water every day; spending time in the word and with God.
- The King’s Pool – This pool brings a fresh supply of water into the city; it is life sustaining. The enemy could do nothing to attack the living source of water. Satan cannot take away your source of living water – the Holy Spirit.
“Then I went on to the gate of the fountain, and to the king’s pool: but there was no place for the beast that was under me to pass.” – Nehemiah 2:14
Are you ready to pass through your gates and enter into the king’s pool?
Check out the full message here!
Latest posts by Sierra Leeper (see all)
- 6.14.15 – Living in Tomorrowland – Ps. Duane White - June 16, 2015
- 6.7.15 – The Power of Small – Guest Speaker Leck Heflin - June 10, 2015
- 5.31.15 – Back to the Basics – Ps. Jamie Stephenson - June 1, 2015